Wednesday, November 15, 2017
1:00PM - 2:00PM EST
Pre-registration is required to participate. This live webinar is available to current APhA members ONLY as a free member benefit.
Registration deadline: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 11:00 PM EST
- All participants must pre-register by clicking Enroll Now. Registration will NOT be permitted on day of webinar.
- Registrants for this live activity MUST be current APhA members.
- After registering, members will be sent a confirmation email with instructions to enter the webinar room (on the day of the webinar). A reminder notice will also be sent on the day of the webinar to all registrants.
- Participants must actively participate in the entire activity and complete the online evaluation to claim CPE credit for this activity.
NOTE: This webinar will be archived and made available as an online learning activity approximately 2 weeks after the live offering has been presented. The archived webinar (home-study version) will be available to APhA members ONLY, as a free member benefit, during the first 30 days after release. Thereafter, nonmembers can purchase the archived webinar at a cost of $129.
Are you an immunizing pharmacist, pharmacy technician or student pharmacist looking for current information about adult and pediatric immunization schedules, newly licensed vaccines, and emerging vaccine technologies? APhA’s liaison member to the ACIP will speak about the latest information via this one-hour CPE webinar.
This webinar will keep you abreast of any new immunization recommendations and changes to the immunization schedules and can help you to fulfill your state immunization education requirements.
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
Learning Level: Level 2
At the completion of this activity, the pharmacist and pharmacy technician will be able to:
- Identify how proposed changes to vaccine recommendations may impact immunization schedules for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Explain how recent changes to vaccine recommendations may impact current vaccination activities.
- Discuss newly available information regarding existing and emerging vaccines, including data from clinical trials, projections for future availability, and potential roles in pharmacy practice.
The American Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education (CPE). The following webinar is approved for 1.0 contact hour of CPE credit (0.10 CEU). The ACPE Universal Activity Number for the live webinar is 0202-0000-17-250-L01-P/T.
To obtain credit for attending “October 2017 ACIP Immunization Update,” participants must pre-register online on or before November 14, 2017, attend the entire webinar, complete an evaluation, and CLAIM credit. An attendance code and detailed instructions of how to claim credit will be provided during the webinar. Participants need to have a valid pharmacist.com username and password to claim credit. Please visit CPE monitor for your transcript of CPE.
Initial Release Date: November 15, 2017
Expiration Date to Claim Credit for Live Webinar: December 15, 2017 at 5:00PM EST - NO CREDIT WILL BE GRANTED AFTER THIS DATE AND TIME
“October 2017 ACIP Immunization Update” is a live, virtual continuing education activity for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians developed and suported by the American Pharmacists Association.
Adam C. Welch, PharmD, MBA, BCACP, FAPhA, and APhA’s editorial staff declare no conflicts of interest or financial interests in any product or service mentioned in this activity, including grants, employment, gifts, stock holdings, and honoraria. For a complete list of APhA staff disclosures, please visit the APhA website at: www.pharmacist.com/apha-disclosures .
Conflicts of interest have been resolved through content review by Helen Sairany, PharmD, BCACP, Associate Director of Content Development at the American Pharmacists Association.
There is no fee for this live activity. This activity is for APhA members only.
Computer and Internet access are required to complete this activity. Please visit our website to view the System Requirements in order to have a positive learning experience.
Live Activity: October 2017 ACIP Immunization Update
|Date||11/15/2017 1:00:00 PM|
|Address||2215 Constitution Ave NW|
|City||Washington||State||District of Columbia||Zip Code||20037|
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE# 0202-0000-17-250-L06-P||0.1 CEUs||November 15, 2017 - November 15, 2020|
|ACPE# 0202-0000-17-250-L06-T||0.1 CEUs||November 15, 2017 - November 15, 2020|