The American Pharmacists Association (APhA) has designed this activity to help you provide up-to-date diabetes care. The resources and materials for this program are based on resources and materials from the current edition of APhA's certificate training program, "The Pharmacist and Patient-Centered Diabetes Care". "Test Your Knowledge: Diabetes Care" consists of resource materials, learning reinforcement exercises and an assessment. All activities are related to various topics in diabetes care. You will be given two opportunities to pass the assessment with a passing score of 70% or better. If you do not pass on your first attempt, we encourage you to use the resource materials to identify your gaps in knowledge prior to your second attempt.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the pathophysiology and clinical manifestations of type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
- List blood glucose treatment targets for various subgroups of patients with diabetes.
- Discuss concepts and recommendations from current dietary, physical activity, and weight management guidelines to the specific needs of patients with diabetes.
- Identify oral, injectable, and inhalational agents available for the treatment of diabetes based on their primary mechanism of action, adverse effects, and role in therapy.
- Discuss screening and treatment recommendatuions for comprehensive diabetes care, including controlling cardiovascular risk factors, addressing nephropathy, retinopathy, foot problems, and immunizations.
- Describe outcomes associated with pharmacists' patient care services for patients who have diabetes.
Program Completion Requirements
To earn continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit and/or a Letter of Completion, participants must meet all the following requirements:
- Complete the learning reinforcement exercises.
- Complete the program assessment and evaluation. Participants must achieve a passing score of 70% or better on the assessment for successful completion.
CPE credit will be available through CPE Monitor upon successful "Claim" of credit. A Letter of Completion will be available online for immediate printing upon successful completion of program requirements.
Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) Information
The American Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
The self-study program, Test Your Knowledge: Diabetes Care, is approved for 2 contact hours (0.2 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credit (UAN 0202-0000-18-138-H01-P).
Release Date: March 30, 2018
Expiration Date: March 30, 2021
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists in all practice settings
Test Your Knowledge: Diabetes Care was developed by the American Pharmacists Association.
Computer and internet access are required to complete this activity. Please visit our website to view the Technology System Requirements for a positive learning experience.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE# 0202-0000-18-138-H01-P||0.2 CEUs||March 30, 2018 - March 30, 2021|
|TYK2018||0.001 Hours||from March 30, 2018|