This activity takes place on March 20, 2020 at APhA2020 at National Harbor, MD
Getting involved in a Chronic Care Management (CCM) program enables pharmacists to work with medical teams on comprehensive plans and careful monitoring of patients with multiple chronic disease states. By providing non-face-to-face services, CCM teams reset the traditional standard of delivering comprehensive chronic care. In this workshop, experts who worked in the trenches will advise you on joining a CCM program and creating a sustainable business model for value-based care. You will learn how to demonstrate your value to a medical practice beyond writing scripts, opening the door to medical billing.
At the completion of this application-based activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of the CMS initiatives for the quadruple aim and how pharmacist-led clinical services meet and exceed the needs of innovative models of care, such as value-based payment models and the Quality Payment Program
- Develop strategies and address the business complexity of obtaining an agreement with a provider or medical practice
- Describe the components of medical billing, audit-proof documentation, and the medical billing process
- Differentiate between complex and non-complex chronic care management (CCM) and how to determine the level of medical decision-making
- Explain the rules for billing and documenting CCM encounters for a successful and sustainable program
- Define remote patient monitoring (RPM) and describe its purpose
- Recognize the billing and documentation requirements for RPM
- Describe the purpose of behavioral health integration (BHI)
- Recognize the billing and documentation requirements for BHI 10. Analyze strategies for ensuring internal and external business success
Learning Level: 2
The American Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The following activity is approved for 4.0 contact hours of CPE credit (0.4 CEUs). The ACPE Universal Activity Number for this activity is 0202-0000-20-109-L04-P/T.
To obtain credit for completing Chronic Care Management: Bringing Value Beyond the Codes, attend the live activity, complete the evaluation questions, and then CLAIM credit. An attendance code and detailed instructions on how to claim credit will be provided during the live activity. Participants need to have a valid pharmacist.com username and password to claim credit. After credit has been claimed, please visit CPE monitor for your transcript.
Initial release date: March 20, 2020
Expiration date to claim credit for LIVE webinar: May 1, 2020
Chronic Care Management: Bringing Value Beyond the Codes is a live continuing education activity for pharmacists developed by the American Pharmacists Association.
APhA’s editorial staff declare no conflicts of interest or financial interests in any product or service mentioned in this activity, including grants, employment, gifts, stock holdings, and honoraria. For a complete list of APhA staff disclosures, visit the APhA website at www.pharmacist.com/apha-disclosures. All speaker disclosures will be made available at the sessions.
Conflicts of interest have been resolved through content review by Helen Sairany, BA, PharmD, MBA, BCACP, Director of Content Development & Partnership at the American Pharmacists Association.
Computer and internet access are required to complete this activity. Please visit our website to view the Technology System Requirements in order to have a positive learning experience.
Chronic Care Management: Bringing Value Beyond the Codes
|Date||3/20/2020 1:30:00 PM|
|Address||Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, 201 Waterfront St|
|City||National Harbor||State||Maryland||Zip Code||20745|