This 1-hour, practice-centric, comprehensive USP Institution Solution training will prepare Healthcare Personnel responsible for the cleaning, disinfection, and maintenance of compounding cleanrooms to sit for the examination. Developed in partnership with the U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP), this training defines the roles and responsibilities of personnel responsible for the implementation of and compliance with USP Chapter <797>. This activity is based on the current version of USP Chapter <797> Pharmaceutical Compounding—Sterile Preparations (2008).
At the completion of this application-based activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the critical role of cleanrooms for preparing sterile medications
- Recognize why sterile compounding areas must be properly cleaned and disinfected
- Identify procedures for cleaning and disinfecting sterile compounding areas and the importance of proper procedures to patient safety
- Identify the risks of improperly cleaning, disinfecting and maintaining environments where sterile compounded medications are prepared
- Identify procedures for maintaining sterile compounding areas
- Recall the responsibilities of personnel who clean and maintain sterile compounding areas
Activity type: Application-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists
Learning Level: 2
The American Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The following activity is approved for 1.0 contact hour of CPE credit (0.1 CEUs). The ACPE Universal Activity Number for this activity is 0202-0000-19-230-H07-P.
To obtain credit for completing USP <797> Cleanroom Cleaning, Disinfection, and Maintenance Procedures, complete the activity, evaluation questions, and then CLAIM credit. Participants need to have a valid pharmacist.com username and password and CPE Monitor to claim credit. After credit has been claimed, please visit CPE monitor for your transcript.
Initial release date: August 1, 2019
Expiration date: August 1, 2022 - Credit cannot be earned after this date
USP <797> Cleanroom Cleaning, Disinfection, and Maintenance Procedures is an online educational activity for pharmacists developed by the American Pharmacists Association and the U.S. Pharmacopeia. © 2020 American Pharmacists Association and U.S. Pharmacopeia>
USP staff disclosures, if any, will be included in webinar activity. For a complete list of APhA staff disclosures, visit the APhA website at www.pharmacist.com/apha-disclosures.
The fee for this activity is $40 for both APhA members and non-members.
Computer and internet access are required to complete this activity. Please visit our website to view the Technology System Requirements in order to have a positive learning experience.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE# 0202-0000-19-230-H07-P||0.65 CEUs||August 01, 2019 - August 01, 2022|