This 6.5-hour online interactive training program will prepare compounding professionals to sit for the examination. Developed in partnership with the U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP), this training describes the scope of USP <797>, outlines the responsibilities of compounders, defines the criteria for component selection, and describes the facility requirements for sterile compounding. This information is based on the current version of USP Chapter <797> Pharmaceutical Compounding—Sterile Preparations (2008). This product does not have a practice exam and no recertification credit.
At the completion of this application-based activity, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between low-, medium- and high-risk Compounded Sterile Preparations (CSPs)
- List the beyond-use dates (BUD) for low-, medium- and high-risk CSPs
- Describe the situations where immediate-use CSPs are appropriate and describe the BUD
- Define the elements of a cleanroom, including primary and secondary engineering controls
- List the precautions needed for compounding hazardous drugs
- List the requirements for semiannual re-certification of sterile preparation areas
- List the personnel, facility and equipment requirements
- Differentiate between viable and non-viable monitoring
- Identify the steps to take if microbial contamination is identified
Activity type: Application-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists
Learning Level: 2
The American Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The following activity is approved for 6.5 contact hours of CPE credit (0.65 CEUs). The ACPE Universal Activity Number for this activity is 0202-0000-19-231-H07-P.
To obtain credit for completing USP <797> Pharmaceutical Compounding—Sterile Preparations for Compounding Professionals, complete the activity, evaluation questions, and then CLAIM credit. Participants need to have a valid pharmacist.com username and password and a CPE Monitor account to claim credit. After credit has been claimed, please visit CPE monitor> for your transcript.
Initial release date: August 1, 2019
Expiration date: August 1, 2022 - no credit can be earned after this date
USP <797> Pharmaceutical Compounding—Sterile Preparations for Compounding Professionals is an online educational activity for pharmacists developed by the American Pharmacists Association and the U.S. Pharmacopeia. © 2020 American Pharmacists Association and U.S. Pharmacopeia
USP staff disclosures, if any, will be included in webinar activity. For a complete list of APhA staff disclosures, visit the APhA website at www.pharmacist.com/apha-disclosures.
There is a $260 fee associated with this activity for APhA members and non-members.
Computer and internet access are required to complete this activity. Please visit our website to view the Technology System Requirements in order to have a positive learning experience.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE# 0202-0000-19-231-H07-P||0.65 CEUs||August 01, 2019 - August 01, 2022|