This 6.5-hour online interactive training program will prepare eligible compounding professionals to sit for the examination. Developed in partnership with the U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP), this training describes the scope of USP <800> by outlining quality standards and responsibilities of personnel for handling hazardous drugs (HDs) to help ensure patient and health care worker safety and environmental protection. There is no practice exam or recertification credit with this product.
At the completion of this application-based activity, participants will be able to:
- Explain the value and scope of USP <800>
- Identify where to find a list identifying the types of HDs, the associated types of potential exposure and where exposure may occur
- Design an assessment of risk
- Outline the responsibilities of personnel who handle HDs
- Recognize protection requirements, including personal protective equipment, training, and facilities and engineering controls
- Identify special considerations necessary when handling HDs, such as while receiving, transporting, storing, compounding, labeling, packaging, disposing, dispensing of and administering them
- Describe documentation, communication and surveillance program standards for HDs
- Define environmental quality control, proper cleaning and spill management
Activity type: Application-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists
Learning Level: 2
The American Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The following activity is approved for 6.5 contact hours of CPE credit (0.65 CEUs). The ACPE Universal Activity Number for this activity is 0202-0000-19-232-H07-P.
To obtain credit for completing USP <800> Hazardous Drugs—Handling in Healthcare Settings for Compounding Professionals, complete the activities, evaluation questions, and then CLAIM credit. Participants need to have a valid pharmacist.com username and password and CPE Monitor account to claim credit. After credit has been claimed, please visit CPE monitor for your transcript.
Initial release date: August 1, 2019
Expiration date: August 1, 2022 - cannot earn credit after this date
USP <800> Hazardous Drugs—Handling in Healthcare Settings for Compounding Professionals is an online educational activity for pharmacists developed by the American Pharmacists Association and the U.S. Pharmacopeia. © 2020 American Pharmacists Association and U.S. Pharmacopeia.
USP staff disclosures, if any, will be included in webinar activity. For a complete list of APhA staff disclosures, visit the APhA website at www.pharmacist.com/apha-disclosures.
There is a $260 fee for APhA members and non-members.
Computer and internet access are required to complete this activity. Please visit our website to view the Technology System Requirements in order to have a positive learning experience.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE# 0202-0000-19-232-H07-P||0.65 CEUs||August 01, 2019 - August 01, 2022|