These series of webinars, 12 modules, discuss key sterile compounding standards in USP General Chapter <797> Pharmaceutical Compounding—Sterile Preparations. The course will
- Describe the scope and purpose of USP <797>, the microbial contamination risk levels, and methods of sterilization.
- Describe the facility and engineering control requirements for the sterile compounding areas as well as the environmental monitoring requirements.
- Outline the personnel training, garbing, and assessment requirements and the quality control and quality assurance processes to ensure quality compounded preparations.
At the completion of this application-based activity, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between low-, medium-, and high- risk Compounded Sterile Preparations (CSPs)
- List the Beyond-use Dates (BUD) for low-, medium-, and high- risk CSPs
- Describe the situations where immediate-use CSPs are appropriate and the BUD
- Define the elements of a cleanroom, including primary and secondary engineering controls
- List the precautions needed for compounding hazardous drugs
- List the requirements for semiannual certification of sterile preparation areas
- List the personnel, facilities, and equipment requirements.
- Differentiate viable and non-viable monitoring
- Identify the steps to take if microbial isolates are identified
Activity type: Application-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists
Learning Level: 2
The American Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The following activity is approved for 6.5 contact hours of CPE credit (0.65 CEUs). The ACPE Universal Activity Number for this activity is 0202-0000-20-340-H07-P.
To obtain credit for completing Sterile Compounding Exam Review Webinar: USP <797> Sterile Preparations, the participant must complete all the modules in full, complete the evaluation, and then CLAIM credit. Participants need to have a valid pharmacist.com username and password and a CPE Monitor account to claim credit. After credit has been claimed, please visit CPE monitor for your transcript
Initial release date: 10/06/2020
Expiration date to claim credit: 10/06/2023 - No credit can be claimed after this date
Sterile Compounding Exam Review Webinar: USP <797> Sterile Preparations is an online educational activity for pharmacists developed by the American Pharmacists Association and the U.S. Pharmacopeia. © 2020 American Pharmacists Association and U.S. Pharmacopeia
USP staff disclosures, if any, will be included in webinar activity. For a complete list of APhA staff disclosures, visit the APhA website at www.pharmacist.com/apha-disclosures.
The fee for this activity is $260 for both APhA members and non-members
Computer and internet access are required to complete this activity. Please visit our website to view the Technology System Requirements in order to have a positive learning experience.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE# 0202-0000-20-340-H07-P||0.65 CEUs||October 06, 2020 - October 06, 2023|