Additional Modules can be found here: Evidence-Based Practice Podcast and Literature Series.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
Is Penicillin Allergy SkinTesting aThing of the PAST?
- Evaluate characteristics of patients who are more or less likely to experience a positive result to penicillin
allergy testing (skin test and/or oral challenge).
- Describe the severity of allergic reactions using current clinical practice guidelines.
- Explain the benefits of penicillin allergy testing to patients and other healthcare professionals.
Does Long-Term Proton Pump Inhibitor Use Pump Up Your Risk of Adverse Effects?
- List the potential long-term adverse effects associated with proton pump inhibitors based on previously
- Discuss findings from the COMPASS trial regarding long term use of proton pump inhibitors.
- Assess risks and benefits of long term proton pump inhibitor therapy based on individual patient-specific
Improved Well-being and Decreased Disease Burden after 1-year Use of Flash Glucose Monitoring (FLARE-NL4)
- Formulate an evidence-based reply to clinical questions related to using a continuous glucose monitor.
- Select an appropriate continuous glucose monitor, taking into consideration both patient and device specific
- Identify patients most likely to benefit from continuous glucose monitoring for the purpose of improving quality
Is the Grass Actually Greener? An Investigation into the Improvement of Cognitive Dysfunction after
Discontinuation of Cannabis in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis
- Describe the relationship of cognitive dysfunction and cannabis use in patients with multiple sclerosis.
- Based on the results of the Coming Off Cannabisstudy by Feinstein et al., identify patients with multiple
sclerosis who might benefit from discontinuation of cannabis use.
- Educate other health care professionals
Activity type: Application-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists
Learning level: 2
The American Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This activity is approved for 2 contact hours of CPE credit (0.2 CEUs). The ACPE Universal Activity Number for this activity is 0202-0000-20-248-H04-P.
To obtain credit for completing Evidence-Based Practice Module 8, complete the learning activity in full, the assessment with a grade of 70% or better, and evaluation questions, and then CLAIM credit. Participants need to have a valid pharmacist.com username and password and CPE Monitor account to claim credit. After credit has been claimed, please visit CPE monitor for your transcript
To obtain recertification credit for completing Evidence-Based Practice Module 8, complete the activity which includes receiving 70% or better on assessment, answer evaluation questions, and then CLAIM the Board Certification credit. Participants need to have a valid MyBPS account to claim recertification credit. After recertification credit has been claimed, a participant can access transcript by signing into your MyBPS account.
Per Board of Pharmacy Specialties policy you will only have one opportunity to successfully complete this ACPE / BCSCP recertification assessment. You will only have one opportunity to complete this activity once during this release year.ACPE Initial release date: August 10, 2020
ACPE Expiration date: August 10, 2023 No ACPE credit can be claimed after this date
BCSCP release date: October 5, 2020
BCSCP Expiration date: October 5, 2021 No recertification credit can be claimed after this date
Evidence-Based Practice Module 8 is an online educational activity for pharmacists developed by the American Pharmacists Association. © 2020 American Pharmacists Association
Disclosures for authors found on iForumRx.org. APhA’s editorial staff declares no conflicts of interest or financial interests in any product or service mentioned in this activity, including grants, employment, gifts, stock holdings, and honoraria. For a complete list of APhA staff disclosures, visit the APhA website at www.pharmacist.com/apha-disclosures.
Conflicts of interest have been resolved through content review by Helen Sairany, BA, PharmD, MBA, BCACP, Director of Content Development & Partnership at the American Pharmacists Association.
APhA Member: $40
APhA Non-member: $70
Computer and internet access are required to complete this activity. Please visit our website to view the Technology System Requirements in order to have a positive learning experience.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE# 0202-0000-20-248-H04-P||0.2 CEUs||August 10, 2020 - August 10, 2023|
|BCACP_20248H04P||2 Hours||October 05, 2020 - October 05, 2021|