Many states are allowing pharmacists to prescribe hormonal contraceptives to increase and ensure access. This 4-hour online interactive training program will prepare pharmacists to discuss the hormonal contraceptive options available to prescribe, furnish or dispense, in accordance with state laws. This training meets the requirements for most states that currently allow pharmacist-furnished contraception.
- Research Study (Pre-Program) - Overview and optional Pre-survey
- Hormonal Contraceptive Products - Module 1
- Assessing Women for Hormonal Contraception - Module 2
- Communicating About Hormonal Contraceptives - Module 3
- Pharmacy Practice Operations - Module 4
- Research Study (Post-Program) - Earned Certificate and optional Post-survey
Activity Type: Knowledge-based (Module 1); Application-based (Modules 2-4)
Target Audience: Pharmacists in all practice settings
Increasing Access to Hormonal Contraceptive Products is approved for 4 contact hours (0.4 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit, and was developed by the American Pharmacists Association. Copyright © 2020 by the American Pharmacists Association.