Additional Modules can be found here: Evidence-Based Practice Podcast and Literature Series.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
Will Riva Be Defeated By It's (Long-Standing) Nemesis, Apixa?
- Identify stroke risk using CHA2DS2-VASc risk calculator in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation
- Design patient-centered therapeutic plans for patients with atrial fibrillation
- Evaluate evidence to make an informed decision regarding use of direct-acting oral anticoagulants (DOACs) in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation
An Incli-ng of Benefit? Efficacy and Safety of Inclisiran for Elevated LDL
- Given a case, evaluate whether a patient is meeting appropriate treatment goals for ASCVD prevention
- Given a case, develop a patient-centered regimen for ASCVD prevention
- Evaluate evidence-based literature to determine if and when inclisiran should be used for ASCVD prevention
Tales of Powerful Placebos and Notorious Nocebos: Implications for Ambulatory Care
- Differentiate placebo and nocebo effects
- Critique study design and interpret results to apply to patient care
- Employ patient education strategies to enhance placebo and minimize nocebo effects
No Provider Status, No Problem: Using Chronic Care Management as a Revenue Source in Community Pharmacy
- Determine patients who are eligible for Chronic Care Management (CCM) that is recognized for reimbursement by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Utilize appropriate CPT codes to bill for CCM.
- Identify barriers and recommend solutions for implementation of CCM into pharmacy practice.
Activity type: Application-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists
Learning level: 2
The American Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This activity is approved for 2 contact hours of CPE credit (0.2 CEUs). The ACPE Universal Activity Number for this activity is 0202-0000-20-331-H04-P.
To obtain credit for completing Evidence-Based Practice Module 9, complete the learning activity in full, the assessment with a grade of 70% or better, and evaluation questions, and then CLAIM credit. Participants need to have a valid pharmacist.com username and password and CPE Monitor account to claim credit. After credit has been claimed, please visit CPE monitor for your transcript
To obtain recertification credit for completing Evidence-Based Practice Module 9, complete the activity which includes receiving 70% or better on assessment, answer evaluation questions, and then CLAIM the Board Certification credit. Participants need to have a valid MyBPS account to claim recertification credit. After recertification credit has been claimed, participants can access their transcript by signing into your MyBPS account.
Per Board of Pharmacy Specialties policy you will only have one opportunity to successfully complete this ACPE / BCSCP recertification assessment. You will only have one opportunity to complete this activity once during this release year.ACPE Initial release date: October 1, 2020
ACPE Expiration date: October 1, 2023 No ACPE credit can be claimed after this date
BCSCP release date: December 31, 2020
BCSCP Expiration date: December 31, 2021 No recertification credit can be claimed after this date
Evidence-Based Practice Module 9 is an online educational activity for pharmacists developed by the American Pharmacists Association. © 2020 American Pharmacists Association
Disclosures for authors found on iForumRx.org. APhA’s editorial staff declares no conflicts of interest or financial interests in any product or service mentioned in this activity, including grants, employment, gifts, stock holdings, and honoraria. For a complete list of APhA staff disclosures, visit the APhA website at www.pharmacist.com/apha-disclosures.
Conflicts of interest have been resolved through content review by Helen Sairany, BA, PharmD, MBA, BCACP, Director of Content Development & Partnership at the American Pharmacists Association.
APhA Member: $40
APhA Non-member: $70
Computer and internet access are required to complete this activity. Please visit our website to view the Technology System Requirements in order to have a positive learning experience.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE# 0202-0000-20-331-H04-P||0.2 CEUs||October 01, 2020 - October 01, 2023|
|BCACP_20331H04P||2 Hours||December 31, 2020 - December 31, 2021|